Frestons Estate Agents Limited is committed to respecting your privacy and committed to protecting your personal data.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or problems regarding the use of your Personal Data and we will assist you.
Personal Data – any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
We/us (either capitalised or not) – Frestons Estate Agents Limited Registered Office 62 Grasvenor Avenue, Barnet, EN5 2DB Registered No. 14726434 England. Frestons is a trading name of Frestons Estate Agents Limited.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 and General Data Protection Regulation EU 2016/679, the data controller is Frestons Estate Agents Limited. Frestons Estate Agents Limited may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure you are happy with any changes.
What Data Is Collected?
When you enquire or register for products/ services provided by Frestons we may collect personal data about you from a variety of sources.
We may be provided with/have access to any of the following:
• Data submitted by you or collected via your use of the website www.frestons.co.uk will include but not be limited to information provided to Us so that We can assist with any initial enquiries regarding properties that We are marketing.
• Data submitted by yourselves through third party suppliers such as property portals and referencing companies.
• Data submitted by yourselves or parties acting on your behalf relating to an instruction or potential instruction of Us. This will include emails, documents sent by post or hand delivered, information taken down by Frestons during telephone conversations or meetings and voice recordings of any of the aforementioned telephone conversations.
• Phone Calls. We might record calls for training and/or auditing purposes. We also collect Calling Line Identification information. This is used to help improve the efficiency and accountability of our customer services. This processing is conducted lawfully on the basis of 'our legitimate interests'.
• Any other information that you or any relevant third parties send to Us. Publicly available information We might gather information about you that is publicly available. The personal information we collect from you will typically include the following:
• Full name and contact details (including your date of birth, contact number, email and postal address).
• Any phone number or email used to get in touch with our customer services.
• Details about your areas of interest where we wish to send you marketing information about similar products and/or services.
• Information relating to your identity where we are required by law to collect this to comply with the Money Laundering Regulations 2017 and the Immigration Act (such as passport and/or driving license).
• Your banking details where required such as where you are letting a property or, where renting, to set up an approved tenancy deposit account for you and arrange for rental payments.
• Information on any access requirements you have necessary to enable us to find suitable properties for you.
• Information on your close connections where we are required to conduct conflicts of interest under regulatory obligations.
How Will The Data Be Used?
Any of the Data collected by any of the means set out above may be used for any of the following purposes:
• Carrying out Our instructions given by our client throughout our involvement in letting, selling or advising in relation to the property;
• To ensure our compliance with the conditions set out in Our terms of business;
• Offering an initial consultation on a potential new matter;
• To ensure compliance with our necessary regulatory requirements;
• Sending email communication that you have requested/signed up for. This may include but is not limited to notification of upcoming properties to let/services that may be of interest to you;
• Forwarding on to trustworthy third parties to carry out the instructions given to Us or to ensure performance of the terms of any contract that has been entered in relation to or connected to the property. We will only share Data with any third parties where we are satisfied that they will take appropriate measures to ensure the protection of your Data;
• Forwarding on to trustworthy third parties to carry out necessary identity, credit referencing and money laundering checks. We will only share Data with any third parties where we are satisfied that they will take appropriate measures to ensure the protection of your Data;
• Deal with any requests or complaints made by yourself relating to Our handling of any instruction;
• Any requests made by third parties that by law we are required to comply with.
What are our 'legitimate interests'?
Legitimate interests are a flexible basis upon which the law permits the processing of an individual's personal data. To determine whether we have a legitimate interest in processing your data, we balance the needs and benefits to us against the risks and benefits for you of us processing your data. This balancing is performed as objectively as possible. You are able to object to our processing and we shall consider the extent to which this affects whether we
have a legitimate interest.
Who else can access your Personal Data?
Personal Data about you is in some cases provided to our trusted partners in order to either make providing the service to you possible or to enhance your customer experience. We disclose your Personal Data to third parties or public officials when we are legally obliged to do so. We might disclose your Personal Data to third parties if you have consented to it or if there are other legal grounds for it.
How long will your personal data be kept?
We will retain the Data for as long as is necessary while we have a legitimate interest in the Data being held. During any instruction Your Data will be stored in paper copy and/or on Our electronic database. Whilst every effort is made to ensure that there is complete safety of your Data when it is supplied, transmission via the internet can never be entirely secure. We have set out a strict in house-policy for handling your Data to ensure that any risk is kept to an absolute minimum.
We retain your personal data only for as long as we need to comply with our obligations under The Property Ombudsman Code of Practice and rules set by HMRC. The retention periods are:
• Seven years for data related to a financial transaction with Frestons (such as an instruction to market a property)
• Six years for data related to a property transaction (such as an Offer)
• Five years for data related to our obligations under Anti-Money Laundering regulations
• 18 months for other personal data not covered by one of the above.
Under Data Protection Law, you have a number of rights relating to your personal data. The rights available to you depend on our reason for processing your information. You have the following rights:
• The right to be informed - You have a right to be told how Frestons use your personal information
• The right of access - You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information,please e-mail email@example.com or write to us at the following address 62 Grasvenor Avenue, Barnet EN5 2DB
• The right of rectification - Under certain circumstances you have the right to rectification if you believe your data is incorrect
• The right to erasure- Under certain circumstances you have the right to erase your personal data
• The right to restrict processing - Under certain circumstances you have the right to object to our processing your personal data or to restrict our processing of it;
• The right of data portability – You have the right to have the personal data we hold on you transferred to another organisation
• The right to object
Your Rights To Object
If at any time you do not wish your Data to be controlled by Us in accordance with this policy, you must notify Us either by writing to Frestons Estate Agents Limited, 62 Grasvenor avenue, Barnet, EN5 2DB or firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 8095 1199 setting out your reasons.
Once notice of objection has been received, the processing of the Data will be stopped unless We are able to show that there is a reason that We are required to retain the Data in order to comply with Our legal responsibilities or if we continue to have a legitimate interest in continuing to retain, hold and use the Data. If this is the case your Data will continue to be held, We will notify you of our reasoning for this within a reasonable period of time.
Automated Decision Making
We do not carry out any purely automated decision making. To exercise any of these right please contact us at email@example.com.
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, please contact us or see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s
Office (ICO) on individuals’ rights under the UK General Data Protection Regulation.
Who can you complain to?
We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any complaint or concern about privacy and comply with The Property Ombudsman Codes of Practice. If you wish to make a complaint about how we have handled your personal data, in the first instance please contact us directly using the details set out in the How to contact us section below. If, however, you believe that we have not been able to assist with your complaint or concern,
you have the right to make a complaint to your local data protection authority the Information Commissioners Office by visiting ico.org.uk.
How to contact us
Letter: 62 Grasvenor Avenue, Barnet, EN5 2DB
Telephone: 020 8095 1199